André Rieu announces plans to bring his incredible tour line-up to Melbourne on 15 November (Telstra Dome) and Sydney (AZN Stadium) on 29 November 2008.
Mr. Rieu will bring Vienna to his fans in Australia by importing a stage set-up that includes a replica of the Castle of Schönbrunn, two ice rinks, two working fountains and hundreds of dancers, musicians and artists. Fans will feel like they have journeyed to Europe to see him perform.
His unique and exuberant style makes his shows one of the most talked about in the world of popular classics. Fans spend more time dancing in the aisle than sitting in their seats. The King of the Waltz has enjoyed up to nine albums in the Top Ten DVD chart! Incredibly taken by the welcome given to him by the Australian public on his recent promotional tour of the country, Mr. Rieu commented “I am so moved. I love Australia and I feel something within me has changed.�? With confirmed sales and strong reorders, André Rieu has now surpassed 500,000 units across CD and DVD to date for 2007. With two of his DVDs at four-times platinum, he is fast becoming a household name in Australia.
André Rieu World Stadium Tour
Imagine yourself in Vienna for an evening… the most romantic city in the world…The World Stadium Tour “A Romantic Night in Vienna�? will take place against the background of the biggest transportable set ever: André Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra and Choir, many well-known soloists, the Platinum Tenors, the Vienna State Opera Ballet, 80 Vienna Debutantes, the golden coach with the Empress Sisi and Emperor Franz-Joseph, the Vienna Figure Skating Association, famous skating champions, traditional Viennese horse-drawn carriages with horses and footmen, a complete golden ballroom with real golden chandeliers, fabulous costumes, gorgeous music, magical waltzes and so much more…
Not to missed!
- A full-size reproduction of the Empress Sisi’s castle in Vienna, the Schönbrunn Palace
- The golden coach with six white horses carrying the Empress Sisi and Emperor Franz-Joseph.
- 80 Vienna Debutantes from Vienna’s famous Elmayer Dance School.
- The world-famous ballet of the Vienna State Opera.
- More than 250 artists are taking part, all resplendent in the most romantic of costumes.
- We are building for your delight a real golden ballroom with gilded chandeliers.
- Music includes the Blue Danube, the Emperor Waltz, Gold and Silver, My Heart Will Go On (from the Titanic).
- Fantastic melodies from operas, musicals and of course, waltzes.
- 14 real Viennese coaches with footmen and 36 horses.
- We are building two real ice rinks where the world’s best skating artists will be pair up to dance.
- The Vienna Figure Skating Association will be coming to Australia. In total 60 skaters will be performing
- The Platinum Tenors, Carmen Monarcha, Carla Mafioletti, Mirusia Louwerse, Suzan Erens, the Johann Strauss Orchestra and Choir will be there to entertain you.
- Waltzes by Strauss and Lehár, melodies by Stolz and much more…
Tickets on sale at 9am.
December 5 – MELBOURNE, TELSTRA DOME
Ticketmaster – 136100 or http://www.ticketmaster.com.au
December 14 – SYDNEY , AZN STADIUM
Ticketek – 132849 or www.ticketek.com.au