For the first time in Europe: André Rieu’s World Stadium Tour “A Romantic Viennese Night” against the background of the world’s largest transportable concert set: A full-size copy of the imperial Schönbrunn Palace!
Düsseldorf LTU Arena, 15 March 2008
Leipzig Festwiese, 12 July 2008 (open Air)
Brussels, Koning Boudewijn Stadium, 13 September 2008 (open Air)
With André Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra and Choir, many well-known soloists, the Platinum Tenors, the Vienna State Opera Ballet, 80 Vienna Debutantes, the golden coach with the Empress Sisi and Emperor Franz-Joseph, the Vienna Figure Skating Association, famous figure-skating champions in pairs skating, traditional Viennese horse-drawn carriages with horses and footmen, chandeliers, fabulous costumes, gorgeous music, magical waltzes and so much more…
This is a concert you absolutely cannot afford to miss!
– It takes 80 containers to transport everything
– There are 100 stage builders, 250 staff, and a total of 250 performers
– Stage dimensions: width 125 metres, depth 30 metres, height 34 metres
– 600m² of ice to skate on
– hundreds of kilometres of cables, 450 tonnes of steel
– 36 horses
– A palace façade of 4000 m²
– 600 tonnes of ballast materials
– A golden ballroom measuring 21 x 15 metres, complete with chandeliers
– 2 giant transport lifts integrated into the structure and wardrobe rooms built into the décor
– 150m² LED television monitors, 800 light bulbs, 12 tonnes of sound equipment
– It takes two 160-tonne cranes to set everything up
It’s the biggest stage ever to go on tour – and an evening of Schönbrunn to take home with you!